Saturday, November 13, 2010

Leaves and Children and Dogs, Oh My!

The weather was beautiful here on the east coast port for our Ark. I decided to get the kids and husband out to rake leaves and clean up the yard. My kids think raking leaves is fantastic. Usually, I start raking into 2 or 3 piles situated in strategic locations throughout the lawn. This takes awhile and really is not a favorite task of mine, you see, none of the leaves belong to me. Not a single, solitary tree on my property. I have the leaves, they all fall into my yard. Nobody elses yard. But, the kids, oh the kids love leaves! I fear this time of year, see our dogs - remember those inhabitants of the ark, they poop and pee in the yard. We (yard boy and I) diligently muck up the solids on a daily basis, but really, where do they think the liquid goes? Ugh, into the leaves and grass, and dirt, oh my.

No. No. No. We cannot, will not, you WON'T jump into leaf piles. THERE IS PEE AND POOP HIDING IN THERE SOMEWHERE.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

And dogs named Boo Boo hide in the leaves too!

No comments:

Post a Comment