Saturday, December 31, 2011

My wishes

2012

For Anthony, my sensitive, smart, energetic boy: That you may develop your sense of self and know always that who you are is exactly who you are supposed to be. You are by far the most intelligent child I have ever met. I worry that it will be too much pressure for you at such a young age. I worry that in school you will not always be just like everyone else. Of course, nobody is just like anyone else. I hope you can cultivate long, lasting friendships. I wish I wasn't so much a loner myself that I don't know how to approach the other mother's and find ways for you to play with your friends outside of school. I am sure as you get a little older and a little more independent that you will be able to go meet up with friends and play, right now I feel like you are missing having playmates your own age.



It is an incredible joy to me watching you grow and learn. Your love of learning is something I hope you will always hold on to. Never stop learning, and never stop teaching. I love watching and hearing you help your sister write words. I hope you learn your Daddy's patience because when you do, you will be such a great teacher. You already love helping others and I really think you always will.

For Caitlin, my all in girl who loves blue, dirt, bugs and ballerina's: That you will always give everything you've got to your task or idea at hand. Never stop playing in the dirt, while wearing your best dress. If you take your individual style and apply it to everything you do you will always be doing something amazing. Your creativity and imagination are so beautiful. Continue to love and laugh with reckless abandon. I hope you will always find such joy in your life as you do now, wether it's petting the kitty or playing in the sand box you do it your own way, and that will take you places my love. Keep wearing your patent leather, yellow Doc's!



For Alex, my comedian and sweet, kind boy who does everything with all of his heart. From whole body Alex hugs to single minded obsessions. Don't ever forget the things you love. Explore all of your world. Always make people laugh, and never use your incredible sense of humor to hurt. I know that you will always laugh with people. You do not have a mean bone in your little body, yet you do know that you make an impact on everyone with everything you say and do. The smile on your face and joy in your words are incredible gifts to those around you.

These things and so much more are what I wish for my 3 babies. I don't know how to say all the things that I can feel deep inside my soul for you.



2 comments: