Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot like Christmas

When I first started thinking about Christmas creeping up on us it caused panic. Absolute panic. I want my kids to have the magic they deserve. A very materialistic perspective. The little people are very excited for Santa. They know the reason we celebrate Christmas. It is heartwarming hearing Caitlin singing Happy Birthday Baby Jesus, at the top of her lungs, or having her turn off the lights to watch the Christmas tree lights blink and say " it's so beautiful." They have gathered and donated an entire 30 gallon trash bag full of stuffed animal to the Bear Fair. They are the best kids.

This isn't the worst Christmas by far. The scariest Christmas was when my husband was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease. We weren't the Pinto's yet. There were no little monsters running around. But I already knew, without a doubt, that I wanted to be his wife. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to be his partner for life, even if it was shortened. God has blessed me in many ways. My husband has been in remission for 10 years. My 3 little monsters were not supposed to happen naturally, thanks to chemo. We beat that. We beat the big "C".

I know we can weather unemployment. We will make it through. We can, and will make this Christmas just as magical as any before. My 3 little monsters guarantee that!



No comments:

Post a Comment