Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I thought it would mean a day to myself, a day of resting or reading or walking dogs, or doing nothing about anything. That is what I thought I would get when all three of my children were in school for a full day at the same time. I held that image in my head and told myself how glorious it would be. What's that sound? Who wants juice? Nobody. Because there is nobody here!!!! Insert reality. Alex and Caitlin did start full day preschool, for 2 glorious days a week, ON THE SAME DAY! Meaning that since Anthony is a big old first grader that on Tuesday's and Thursdays they are in school, husband is at work and I would FINALLY, FINALLY get some me time. Some quiet. Not. 1st Thursday drop off at 9am went fairly well, Alex was not a happy camper, he decided he was not going to school. Caitlin was fine with going to school, but with any pictures associated with the process thereof. Hubs and I take both children in, I take Alex to his class room, get all excited about his cubby, put his stuff away - he has a minor snit about his "WeQueen" (Lightning McQueen) lunch bag being left on the cart with, every other sub-form lunch bag. I wrestle the bag away and throw him into the circle on the carpet calmly explain that he will get his lunch bag back at lunch time and SEE, Miss Kelly has a balloon for you!!! (squeaky voice and all). And then, he sits and completely ignores my presence at which time Miss Kelly suggests it's a good time for Mom to, psst psst you should go now... Insert hot burny tears welling in eyes here. Because this veteran preschool dropper offer cried big old alligator tears for her baby. Who was going to stay at preschool all day, because she wanted him to.
WeQueen Bliss
99 green balloons
Leave me alone mother
4 year old baby girl, 3 year old baby boy.
He is a handsome thing! Where did I leave off???Oh, the restful, relaxing, happy, quiet, Mommy part. Day Number 1 of mommy Bliss: The Lord laughed at me OUT LOUD. Lulu the wonder kitty had to go to the vet. It was pouring rain. The husband decided to work from home. And then I had to go to work myself at 3. Day Number 2 of mommy Bliss: The Lord laughed out loud and snorted through his nose. I was subpoenaed 6 days before hand to report to courtroom 3 as a witness for the Commomweath of I. DON'T. GIVE. A. SHIT. I am not going, no no no no no. I am not going to waste my second chance at Mommy Bliss inside a boring old courthouse waiting to be called as a witness to something I don't remember. What's that you say Madam Assistant District Attorney, a bench warrant? No need to get all high and mighty, I'll be at your damn court room thank you very much. And ya know WHAT? I was the only person on time. EVERYONE ELSE was 2 1/2 hours late so I got to sit from 9AM to 3PM and watch dust grow. When I got home they were all there. I may have to keep a Mommy Bliss record. Tally so far - the shove it up your ass Force is 2, Mommy 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment