Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Inspired by another

I remember when my oldest son was an only child and I would hold his foot in my hand while I drove and he screamed because it was what I could reach. Now, with 3 toddler's I haven't found a way to soothe all 3 and resort to screaming, rolling down all the windows and turning the radio up. I just want to remember to take it moment by moment and hopefully the calm will take over. Reading that another mother has learned leads me to realized we all are learning as we go. I will always keep trying to be a better mother and one day I will realize that I have learned along the way.

My problem is in getting there, to the point where I have learned. I don't really have a good role model to fall back on. Children learn what they live has never been a truer statement. I did not learn patience from my mother. I did not learn to use a soft voice from my mother. I did not learn how to stop a tantrum before it starts from my mother. I did not learn how to teach by example. I learned to be afraid. I learned that yelling and hitting were what mother's do. I want to unlearn it all so I can teach my children patience, kindness, tenderness, hugs and kisses and generosity and humility. They deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment