Tuesday, August 2, 2011

POCONOOOOO, TAKE ME HOME!!!!!

Day 3 of another week away from home. We have traveled to the far reaches of SEPA and landed in the Pocono's! (again) We spend a lot of time here in the Pocono's. I like the relative quiet of the Pocono's. It's 9pm and I am listening to cicada's chirruping all around in the tree's announcing how hot tomorrow will be. I can also hear the roar of car engines, not sure if it's from the raceway or the turnpike.

But, alas - we have deer in our woods.

And we have in no particular order: caterpillar's, moths, tree frogs and spiders. I HATE SPIDERS.

MOTHRA ATTACKS



Caitlin and Alex torture admire a little caterpiller


Butterfly Sanctuary! Really? 100's of butterflies trapped in a TINY room where children are given poking sticks and sun ray magnification devices. And those are the PROTECTED butterflies people. Ok, so they were " feeding sticks", and magnifying glasses. But still. I counted at least 3 wounded and 5 dead.




And we still have 5 days left. I am exhausted.

But at least the dogs are having fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment