Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Post-Christmas, Christmas Post

Christmas is a 2 day long event at our house. We spend Christmas Eve with my husbands family at his parents house. We have dinner and presents there and then go home. This year I decided that I was going to make a new fun little Christmas eve tradition. While we are out at the Grandparent's house, Santa's elves were to have magically delivered special new Christmas pajamas for the little people to wear to bed! The mother elf spent an inordinate amount of time finding the perfect pajama's. They were in cute Christmas bags and attached to one bag was Santa's magic key. What is Santa's magic key; you ask? Let me tell you, when my 4 year old daughter told me Santa used his magic key to get in our house because we don't have a chimney, I said the same thing out loud, except I think I dropped the F bomb in there. Thanks to her most favorite uncle in the world, I had to come up with a special, magic key that we leave outside for Santa to get in our house. This was a week before Christmas. I found a damn Santa key type thing at the card store in an ornament form, which cost 15 damn dollar's and was not returnable, of course... So, lets flash back to the PJ's and magic and stuff. The key was obtained, I even wrote a little poem and covered it with contact paper and made a ribboney thing and tied it to one of the pajama bags. Mom mom's help was enlisted and she popped on over after we left and made sure the pajama magic happened so on our return they would find the wonderful surprise that Santa's elves left for them. Idyllic magic be erased. 2 out of 3 kids fell asleep on the way home and were not at all happy being awoken when we had gotten home. Catie and Alex were so tired and they cried and cried and cried and really just wanted to go to bed. They absolutely, completely, adamantly refused to wear the new pajamas, they didn't give half a shit about Santa's elves. Anthony, the oldest was very happy. He found the key and read the poem and was totally into it. So, I guess it was worth it and I swear I will do this to for them for the next 30 years, so they better start wearing the pajamas.
Anthony saves the day and put's the key out for Santa

Christmas morning went a whole lot better, probably because a toy store had diarrhea in our living room.

Lest we forget that the reason behind Christmas is the birth of Christ, my little people melt my heart and insist on having birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus. ( I would add the video here, but don't know how to do that.)

It was a long 2 days filled with family and love and food and of course presents.
Christmas eve picture at Grandmom's house
The only thing better than torturing the kids, is torturing the cats.

Christmas Pajama's - Yay Anthony






No comments:

Post a Comment